Road Injury And TAC Claims, Workers Compensation And WorkCover Claims
Richard is a Special Counsel at the firm and practices WorkCover and transport accident compensation. He established and continues to manage our Frankston and Wonthaggi offices and also sees clients in our Dandenong and Cranbourne offices.
Prior to joining RCT, Richard worked in the automotive industry and the metal trades. This has given him first-hand knowledge of health and safety issues in the workplace. Richard is also experienced in handling Country Fire Authority injury compensation claims.
In addition to providing clients with expert legal advice and representation, Richard advocates in many forums for the rights of people who have been injured at work and on the roads.
He is the current WorkCover representative on the Victorian committee of the Australian Lawyers Alliance and consults with WorkCover on the Legal Liaison Group and the Rehabilitation and Return to Work Committee.
Richard is also a member of the Law Institute of Victoria Transport Accident Committee, Accident Compensation Committee and the National Disability Insurance Scheme Working Group.
Achievements & Memberships
- 2001 - Present Law Institute of Victoria Member
- 2009 - Present LIV Accident Compensation Committee Member & previous Chair
- 2008 - present LIV TAC Committee Member
- LIV National Disability Insurance Scheme Working Group Member
- 2007 - present Australian Lawyers Alliance State Committee Member
- 2012 - 2015 Australian Lawyers Alliance State Committee, VWA Representative
- 2012 - 2015 Victorian Government Legal Liaison Group Committee Member
- 2014 - 2015 WorkSafe Workcover Advisory Committee Member
- 2012 - Present WorkSafe Rehabilitation and Compensation Working Group Committee Member
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Doyle's Guide Recommended Plaintiff Lawyer
- 2001 Bachelor of Laws