Special Counsel | Sexual & Institutional Abuse Practice Leader
Sexual And Institutional Abuse
Jodie completed her Bachelor of Laws in the Northern Territory in 1994, and after completing her first year as a lawyer was inspired to help those that had been injured through wrongdoing. Jodie went on to work in the NT in the areas of Work Injuries, Transport Accidents, Public Liability and for Victims of Crime.
In 1999, Jodie moved to Victoria, and initially developed her practice in Workcover, Transport Accident and Public Liability. In 2005, she gained her Law Institute of Victoria Accreditation in Personal Injury Law. After a few years, her practice diversified and she began to work with survivors of childhood sexual abuse, as well as those injured through medical malpractice. While these claims are at times difficult and challenging, Jodie enjoys taking on the institutions and medical defence insurers to ensure that fair recognition and compensation is made to her clients.
In her spare time, Jodie is chief organiser and taxi for her teenage children and enjoys a wine with friends.
Memberships & Achievements
- 1996 Australian Lawyers Alliance
- 1999 The Law Institute of Victoria
- 2000 Eastern Solicitors Law Association
- 2005 Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
- 2022 Doyle's Guide; Recommended Public Liability Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – Victoria
- 2022 Doyle's Guide; Recommended Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria