Sexual And Institutional Abuse
Ian has a long and passionate interest in the rights of injured and disadvantaged clients. He was a founding partner of Arnold Dallas McPherson in Bendigo, and over more than 20 years built the firm into Central Victoria’s major personal injury law firm.
His wide experience in the law, as a barrister, a Judge’s Associate in the Supreme Court and as a legal aid lawyer, means that he is well equipped to take on new challenges. Over the past ten years he has been closely involved in the area of institutional sexual abuse, and now brings that experience to assist the clients of RCT.
Ian has always worked diligently to bridge the gap between the complexities of the law and the needs of non-lawyers, with the aim of making the processes of the law understandable to his clients.
When not at his desk, Ian enjoys exploring the wide open spaces of country Victoria, building and maintaining his native garden, going to the movies and supporting the (once again) mighty Tigers.
Achievements & Memberships
- 1992 - Present Law Institute of Victoria Member
- 1983 Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- 1983 Bachelor of Arts
- 2018 - Present Consultant, Ryan Carlisle Thomas
- 2016 - 2018 Consultant to regional personal injury firms
- 2015 - 2016 Consultant, Arnold Dallas McPherson
- 1994 - 2015 Partner, Arnold Dallas McPherson (Bendigo)
- 1993 - 1994 Solicitor, Arnold Thomas Becker (Bendigo)
- 1991 - 1993 Deputy Solicitor in Charge, Bendigo office, Legal Aid Commission
- 1986 - 1990 Barrister
- 1985 - 1986 Associate to Justice Gobbo, Supreme Court of Victoria