Sexual And Institutional Abuse, Family And Relationship Law
Emma joined us after having worked exclusively in Family Law, including a two-year stint as a Judge’s Associate in the Federal Circuit Court working in Melbourne, Dandenong and Morwell. Emma graduated from La Trobe University with an Arts Degree majoring in Legal Studies and English. She carried her interest for social justice into her JD at Monash University and by volunteering at the InTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence.
Emma now works in our Personal Injuries Department, including the institutional and sexual abuse team. She is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Victorian Women’s Lawyers and Law Institute of Victoria's Young Lawyers Committee for Community Issues.
Emma loves her rescue greyhound, Harry, and when he’s not sleeping all day, they enjoy going on walks together.
Achievements & Memberships
- 2012 - Present LIV Member
- 2017 - Present LIV Young Lawyers Community Issues Committee Member
- 2015 Juris Doctor (Master of Laws)
- 2018 - Present RCT, Lawyer
- 2017 - 2018 Lawyer, Aston Legal Group
- 2015 - 2017 Deputy Associate to Judge Small, Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- 2012 - 2015 Intake Officer and Paralegal, InTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence
- 2011 - 2015 Administrative Assistant, Madisons Lawyers