Call 1300 366 441 for a free first interview. Ask about our No Win No Fee OR Expenses* fee policy.

Road Accidents While Working

If you are injured on the roads outside of work hours, or whilst you are travelling to or from work, all of your rights to compensation are under TAC.

However, if you are injured in a transport accident while you are working, or during a work break (such as morning tea or lunch), you may have rights under both TAC and WorkCover. In these situations, your entitlement to medical expenses, wages and an impairment benefit will come under WorkCover and you will need to lodge a WorkCover claim with your employer. However, if the transport accident was someone else’s fault, you may also have a right to sue under the TAC scheme.

You do not need to lodge a TAC claim to do this, but it is important to see an experienced lawyer with expert knowledge in both WorkCover and TAC to stand with you as you navigate this tricky process.

RCT has a proud tradition of fighting for injured workers as well as road accident victims and can make sure you get everything you are entitled to under both schemes.

In some circumstances, WorkCover and TAC fight between themselves about who is responsible for a claim. This often occurs when a person has been injured by a forklift or is self-employed. If both WorkCover and TAC are refusing to accept your claim, you need to make a stand to ensure that you aren’t left high and dry. Let RCT stand with you.

Call 1300 366 441 or find us at an office near you for advice on road accidents while working.

Related Content

Call 1300 366 441 to be connected to your nearest office, find an office near you on our office locations map, or email us using the form below and we will contact you on the same or next business day.

* Required Field